Thursday, April 30, 2009

Petal Farms Catalog

When I was working at Budget Printing, I developed a relationship with an amazing (and inspiring!) young woman named Cassi. She has created her own consultant based company (throwing house parties and such) for gardening products. After I left Budget, she tracked me down and asked if I would like to work with her to design her new catalog.Umm... YES!!!!

When it came down to it, it was A LOT of work. There were 250+ products, with accompanying photos, floating freely through the world of an excel spreadsheet. Much categorization was in order. To save money, we didn't want to go above a 36 page booklet. After subtraction the front and back covers and contents page, that left us to fit about 12 products per page. Most catalogs have 3 to 5. Can somebody say ADVENTURE?

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Here is a summary of some of my favorite pages:

1
4
8
20
24
32
34
36

I CANNOT wait to have my own house where the entire front yard consists of wildflowers. An herb garden in front of the kitchen window, and a few vegetables growing wherever there's some space. I really should eat more vegetables...

No comments:

Post a Comment